Sunday, November 20, 2011

So Happy Where I Am

I love my husband with all of  my heart.  He is an amazing man and I know that he is the only one for me.  However, in the past I have wondered what my life would be like if I had stayed with a different man. 

We dated when I was very young, and it wasn't so much dating as it was just making out...a lot.  We broke up under not so great of circumstances, and I was heartbroken.  He was probably the first guy that I ever really had real feelings for.  I was upset for a long time, and then I met Kurt. 

He lit me up.  He got me to stop caring about that other guy completely.  The problem lies in that Kurt is quite good friends with this former boyfriend of mine.  We are around each other a lot.  It's fine, because I know that isn't what I want in life, but it's okay to wonder. 

Last night, I got my answer.  We spent 3 hours with him last night and I heard about smoking weed, spending all of his money at strip clubs, degrading women, and eating or drinking nothing but rum all day.  I am so grateful that the man I love respects me.

Thank you, Kurt.  You are cut above the rest.  They say a good man is hard to find.  Call me Indiana Jones, because I've got him.

1 comment:

  1. I know a lot of people questioned your decision to date Kurt at first (I must admit I was one of them and for that I apologize) but I'm really glad you picked Kurt and not you know who. You and Kurt are perfect for each other!

    ReplyDelete