Thursday, March 1, 2012

List 39

I have been such a blog slacker lately.  I don't have a reason.  I'm just lazy.  I have plenty of time.  I just am neglectful.  I'm sorry blog world.  

This week's list is about songs that I have memories along with them.  This list is super easy because I have many, many, many memories associated with music.  Here are a few:

Sin Wagon - Dixie Chicks
Andrea and I used to listen to the Dixie Chicks all the time and I have very specific memories of slumber parties with the two of us standing on her bed and singing, "I'LL FLY AWAAAAAAY....on a SIN WAGON!"  I definitely didn't know what the song meant, though. 


Down On The Corner - Creedence Clearwater Revival 
Creedence is the music of my childhood.  My mom's parents used to listen to it ALL THE TIME!  Hearing that song takes me right back to being 6 years old, eating fresh grapes and swinging on the swings while the adults sat on the porch with the radio blasting. 

I'm Going Slightly Mad - Queen
Haha! This one is 100% the drive home from California in the middle of the night.  It was me, Molly, Natalie and Andrea on our road trip after graduation.  We had already had so much car trouble, and been stuck for hours in a sobriety check point.  We just wanted to make it back to Vegas and were on the outskirts of the city.  Molly was LITERALLY going slightly mad. 

Here In Your Bedroom - Goldfinger 
Peter was the first one of us to get his drivers license and he spent so much time driving us all around.  Every time I hear this song, I think about hanging out in the Winegar's parking lot and the over powering smell of his cologne.  What a lucky guy, hanging out with all of those cute girls all the time.   

If You Want To Be Happy - Jimmy Soul
This song is so fun and Kurt and I used to listen to it ALL THE TIME!  He would always joke around that he was going to be in trouble because the song says to never make a pretty woman your wife if you want to be happy.  This song makes me think of summer and motorcycle rides and washing the car together.    

Feels Like Home - Chantal Kreviazuk
I had to throw this one in, even though it is cheesy.  This is the song that I walked down the aisle to in our wedding.  I know that it has only been a year and a half, but I can see it in my mind like it was yesterday.  He was SO nervous!  He had hives all over his hands and he was swelling up.  His best man had to remind him to breathe.  He took a breath and looked up, and all of the nervousness went away.  Mine did too.  I love that man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment