Saturday, March 19, 2011

Utah Blaze or how I spent the night laughing at sports.



Sports aren't really my thing.  I've never really been interested in playing them, and I don't get a whole lot of joy out of watching them on TV, but if I'm actually at the game, they are usually pretty fun. 

On Thursday, we went to the Utah Blaze season opener against the Tampa Bay Storm.  Can I just say that arena football is definitely for people who are too lazy to play real football.  I mean come on.  The field is half the size, and the guys are twice as big.  Apparently they aren't big on running.   The side walls are just padded hockey boards, and they whine like little girls when they get hit into them. 

The short field gave way for some pretty high score though.  The Blaze won it 72-36. There were a lot of people there all decked out in team colors, with their faces painted to match.  It was intense.

AFL may be for some people, but for me it was a big thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment