Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hear Me Roar!

Since today is the 100th anniversary of International Women's Day, I wanted to share my thoughts on being a woman, and some thoughts on the influential women in my life.

The women that I am friends with are all strong, independent, amazing people.  Each one of them is great, but they all have special qualities that make them uniquely who they are.  I wouldn't be the woman I am today without any of them. 

My family is made up of females.  My grandma has two daughters.  My aunt has two daughters.  My cousin has two daughters.  And my mom has four daughters.  Being female has never been anything to be ashamed of in my household.  It has always been celebrated.  I married a man with four sisters.  I am surrounded by women in every direction, and I love it.  Sure, it might be a little simpler to live a life without so many opinions, but I love the bond I have with these women.  I love the stories they tell, and the advice that they give.  I am proud of who I am, and I love that they are as well.


Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment