Monday, March 14, 2011

Renew The Vow

On today's McFatty Monday post, Blair talked about an article she read in Good Housekeeping magazine that talked about renewing your vow to stick with weight loss daily.  In the article, Dr. Oz says that when we see how challenging our task is, we fizzle out, but if we just try to follow the plan for 24 hours and remind ourselves why we want it, it is easier to stick to.   

I feel like this describes my week quite well.  I started the week with a committment to not eat treats for 30 days.  I had planned on doing a shorter version of lent with a friend, whose friend is greek orthodox.  I had to keep telling myself to just make it through today.  I ended up deciding that a week was long enough to go with NO treats, and that I would just continue to make healthy choices.

I did eat suprisingly well all week.  I drank a TON of water, and I made sure that I exercised a sufficient amount of time.  It is definitely getting easier to get off of my lazy butt and work out.  I am quite proud of myself.

Oh yeah....I've lost 4 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment