Saturday, October 15, 2011

Nerd 101


Last Saturday, I woke up to find the one and only bathroom in our house being remodeled.  I took this opportunity to call my grandma and borrow her shower.  It was good to be able to hang out with her, my dad, and a few of my aunts that morning.  I was going through some of my storage boxes in the garage and found all of my old journals.  They range from 4th grade until 12th grade.  I have spent the last few days reading them, and can I just say.  NERD!  The things I was worried about were so trivial.

This boy looked at me yesterday, but ignored me today. OH NO!

My dad wouldn't let me go to Lagoon today, even though I've gone every day this week.  OH NO!

I didn't get invited to so and so's sleepover. OH NO!

I found a conversation I had with a boy where he told me that he liked another girl 95% and me 5% but that I should still keep liking him in case it doesn't work out with her.  I was thrilled!  I'm so glad I've matured into a woman who would never accept being treated that way.

One strong theme throughout my journals was friends.  I loved my friends more than anyone else.  I loved them when we were having great times, and I loved them when things were a bit rocky.  I'm so glad I've had this group of friends with me for so long.  Lately, I haven't been as close with them as I would like to be.  I find myself getting together to hang out with them, and wondering when the last time I actually talked to them was.  I don't want it to be this way.  I want to know the details of their lives, not just the big stuff.  Our group has expanded, and I couldn't be more thrilled about it.  I love our new additions.  

I've been in this married bubble.  I love my husband and I want to spend every minute I can with him.  It makes it hard to make time for my friends.  Last night, he came and hung out with us.  It was really nice to see him interacting with them in a fun, playful way.  I'm going to make myself more available to be with my friends.  They are important to me, and I don't want to lose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment