Monday, February 11, 2013

Five Things

Sometimes all you can do is post five things. These are the five things from my last week that seemed post-worthy. 

1. My sister-in-law's husband had a heart attack a few days ago. They lowered his body temperature to help prevent brain damage.  They eventually raised his temperature, but he still hasn't woken up. Hopefully his brain is just recovering a little more slowly than it should, but it could mean something else entirely. 

2. We put an offer in on a house we really like.  It was a pretty fair offer based on market value, but the house was a bit over priced so it is about $24,000 less than the sellers are asking.  I hope their hearts can be softened for a sweet little couple that really needs a place of their own. 

3.  We did our taxes.  The result was MUCH better than last year and I am definitely thrilled by that.  If only we could justify using our refund as frivolously as we would like to. 

4. I have a Vanilla Coke addiction. It's getting a little ridiculous. I have always been one to say that I didn't understand drinking your calories away.   Well I get it now.  

5. It's almost Valentine's Day and I made a semi-inappropriate card for the husband. I'm quite proud of it. I don't think I have ever been so excited to give a card in all my life. Thank you Pinterest for the inspiration. 










No comments:

Post a Comment