1. Uptown Funk. That Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars combo sure knows how to get a girl singing from morning to night, don't they? Hot damn!
2. Raising My Rainbow. This is a blog written by a mother about her gender non-conforming son. I just love it because I know kids like this and it's refreshing to see a family who has been willing to change the way that they do things to make life comfortable for their son. It's not for everyone, but I truly am grateful to have found it.
3. The weather. It was an amazing 67 degrees yesterday. In Utah. In February. This has been the most unseasonably warm winter that I can recall, but I'm definitely appreciating it while we have it. It's probably going to snow in June and believe me, I'll be upset, and you'll hear about it, but I'm loving the sun now.
4. Eff Your Beauty Standards is a movement started by plus size model Tess Munster that's all about body positivity and loving the skin you're in. I may not look like what the fashion industry calls beauty. I may not be able to walk into any store and find something that's going to look good on me. I have extra weight hanging on to just about everywhere on my body but curves are beautiful too. I'm not saying that I don't want to be stronger and healthier, but I'm going to love myself along they way. Confidence is key and I'm learning all about that.
5. Harry Potter. (Is this shocking to anyone?) I've always been a fan but I feel like as I've gotten older, my fan girl side has really emerged victorious. This story shaped my life and it's even better as an adult. My niece gave me a henna deathly hallows tattoo last night. I'm just too damn cool for my own good.
6. Baby stuff. I'm not pregnant. I'm not even sure I'm ready to be, but how do you know? Above all else I've always wanted to be a mother. I thought it would happen much earlier in my life, but life got in the way. It just wasn't time. There is too much cute baby stuff around. It tugs at your ovaries. I went to a baby shower for my friend's sister yesterday and all I could think was, "Is it my turn?" Ugh.
7. Nail tutorials. I got a manicure a couple weeks ago and was too cheap to do shellac and it got all scuffed up in like three days. I was so mad that I had spent money on it, when it would have probably stayed longer if I had done it myself. Since then, I've been on a mission to have cute nails for the low low cost of free.