Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lemonade

In about a month, my in-laws are leaving for {what could be} 18 months and have offered to let us stay in their home, with my sister-in-law, until we can find one for ourselves. At first, I didn't really see how it would be any different than my current living situation, which is already in their house with them. I was bummed. I knew my friends and my financial advisor would say, "Stay there and save money." Or "Why would you turn down a free house?" For me however, it was a prison sentence. It was just MORE time living in someone else's house when I wanted to be out on my own.

After the sun came up today, I began to look at it in a whole new way. This is time that I can spend preparing myself in the ways of wife-hood (or whatever) before it is all or nothing. I'm thinking of it as a trial run of cooking, cleaning, decorating and yard work before I have to commit to my own place. We have the opportunity to save quite a bit of money to put down on a house of our own.

Don't get me wrong, I still want a house, and will definitely still be looking, but I've just decided to make some lemonade from this shipment of lemons that life seems to have expedited me.

Thank you sunshine for pulling me out of my winter funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment