Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Game of Catch Up

Hey blog-o-sphere.  Again, I apologize for my absence.  I think I've gotten it out of my system after NaBloPoMo.  I have had an eventful month already!


                                                                  It looked like this all over!

The first was my birthday and I woke up to LOUD wind.  Branches were blown down all over the neighborhood, and there was trash flying everywhere.  I had to work.  I went in to work, where we had no power, and FROZE for about 6 hours.  Then I came home, to no power,  and proceeded to search for candles and blankets and other sources of heat.  Our house had already dropped 12 degrees.  It was going to be a cold night. 
 

View photo.JPG in slide showWe had reservations for dinner up in Ogden at a place called the Prarie Schooner.  It's this fun restaurant where you eat dinner in covered wagons.  We figured we should keep the reservations, because at least there would be heat and warm food there.  Kurt and I had a great birthday dinner there with the family, and came home to a warm house.  Our power had come back on!  We were luckier than a lot of the county.  Many didn't have power for a few days. 

View photo.JPG in slide showThe next night Kurt and I went out to Chili's (my fave) and then to a $6 grizzlies game with some friends.  I'm happy to say that I was not harassed by the mascot this time. Phew! They creep me out to the max!

View photo.JPG in slide show


Saturday my super great friends threw me a fantastic birthday party!  We had a fun little dinner party and then we made gingerbread houses.  Even Kurt participated.  As you can see, he ended up getting bored and making santa fall off of his roof, but at least he participated.  I don't know what I'm going to to do with him.

View photo.JPG in slide showThen on Sunday we took a drive up to the East fork of the Bear River with some family to cut down Christmas trees.  I'm a fake tree girl myself, and so is my mother-in-law (the woman of the house) so we weren't getting one for ourselves, but it was still fun to hang out with the family.  I really dislike snow.  I don't like being cold and wet and (insert other snowy simile here) but I was SO bundled!  Kurt kept saying that I looked adorable, but I kept feeling like I looked like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!  All in all, it was a good time.  I will probably stick with a fake tree though. 

View photo.JPG in slide showMy M-I-L gave me some wood crafts to do for my birthday and for that I am very grateful!  I have been needing a hobby very badly.  I only have one done so far, but I think it looks adorable!  I will probably work on a second one today. 


 Yesterday was the Grow family Christmas party so we, of course, had to make an appearance there!  I love the tradition there.  We ate yummy food and then we did a little service by making 150+ sandwiches and sac lunches for the homeless.  Of course, Santa came to visit all of the kids and it was a good time!  We celebrated the December birthdays, and Kurt by going out to dinner at Red Robin. YUM!

All in all, it's been a great couple weeks.  I'm very glad to have today to relax!  Hopefully you will hear from me tomorrow for my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment